The New England College Council (NECC) will award three (3) scholarships in the amount of $750 for the 2015-2016 academic year to students attending NECC member institutions. Students will be notified by June 30, 2015.
Students must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The student must have completed at least thirty (30) hours of credit toward his or her associate degree by the end of the Spring 2015 semester. At least half of those credits must have been earned at the current member institution.
- The student must be returning to his or her current college for the Fall 2015 semester.
- The student must have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.30 or higher.
Students who meet the above criteria are asked to complete an online survey as an initial step in applying to this scholarship.
The following materials are required of all applicants:
- The student must have his or her member institution mail an official college transcript to the New England College Council at the below address, postmarked by May 15, 2015.
- The student must mail at least one letter of recommendation from a faculty or staff member of the student’s current member institution to the New England College Council at the below address, postmarked by May 15, 2015.
- In addition to completing this brief online questionnaire, the student must mail a personal statement of interest (no more than 1500 words) to the NECC, postmarked by May 15, 2015, at the below address.
Statements of interest must detail the following:
- Your aspirations for attending college
- Your reason(s) for choosing your field of study
- Your goals and ambitions for the future
- A description of civic, service learning, and/or college activities in which you have been involved.
Please mail your statement of interest, letter(s) of recommendation, and transcript to:The New England College Council
c/o Annie Kennedy
Community College of Rhode Island
400 East Avenue
Warwick, RI 02886